Things to Do in Abilene This Season
Abilene is a modern city with loads of historical charm and plenty of interesting ways to stay busy. Whether you’re visiting from Brady, or you’re an out-of-state guest, you’ll be eager to explore local hot spots. Easily accessible from San Angelo, Find your next adventure this season in Abilene with our handy guide!
- Abilene Zoo
- This 16-acre zoo offers a large, diverse population of animals including a rare white tiger, black rhino, and lions.
- Morgan Jones Planetarium
- Sit among the stars, comets, and constellations at one of the few planetariums in Texas offering a number of programs and shows for kids.
- National Center for Children’s Illustrated Literature
- This museum promotes art appreciation and creativity with its weekly art activities for kids.
- Fort Phantom Hill
- This fort was built in the early 1850s to protect frontier settlements. Despite some fire damage much of the original fort still stands for visitors to explore.
- 12th Armored Division Memorial Museum
- Meant to be a teaching resource that can preserve the contributions of the 12th Armored Division, this museum includes oral history, archives, and memorabilia.
- Buffalo Gap Historic Village
- This living museum uses interactive exhibits to tell the story of the Wild West Texas frontier.
See Everything Our Neck of the Woods Has to Offer!